Saturday, January 2, 2016

Best Reads ~ 2015

I read 45 books in 2015, and most of those were at least medium enjoyable, but there were about a dozen that stood out from the rest, and one of those was a real surprise to me. It came late in the year and moved right to the front of the line. That book was The Martian by Andy Weir. Hard sci-fi is not something I usually read, but this story captured me. It incorporated adventure, suspense, humor, politics, and lots and lots of science. 

The list of my best reads of 2015 is below, and each book is reviewed in separate posts. Remember, these are not books that were published in 2015, simply books I read in 2015.


  • The Martian by Andy Weir
  • The Marauders by Tom Cooper
  • The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson
  • The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
  • The Winter of Our Discontent by John Steinbeck
  • The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black
  • Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater
  • Salvage and Demolition by Tim Powers
  • Celeste by I.N.J. Culbard
  • America's Boy by Wade Rouse
  • Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
  • The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brown Dog by Jim Harrison

  The character of Brown Dog is the Upper Peninsula of Michigan's Siddhartha. Brown Dog is always on the lookout for a good fishing ri...