Saturday, October 17, 2020

The Mystery of Grace by Charles De Lint

 





Tattoos, hotrods, and otherworldly mysteries

I've had Charles De Lint on my list of authors to read for so long. I finally read a book by him in my fiftieth year. Why did I wait so long!?

Set in the fairly modern day United States' Southwest, The Mystery of Grace is one of De Lint's most recent releases. Grace is a bad-ass, tattoo-covered, vintage car restorer who took after her grandfather more than her mother. The book tells the story of a young woman who makes the journey to a place on the other side of living, but is it THE place? It's a love story. It's a ghost story that is introspective and spiritual rather than scary. It's a beautifully written story about friendship, caring for others, trusting in yourself, and the courage to leap into the unknown. I loved it, and I can't wait to catch up on all of the De Lint books I've missed out on reading so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brown Dog by Jim Harrison

  The character of Brown Dog is the Upper Peninsula of Michigan's Siddhartha. Brown Dog is always on the lookout for a good fishing ri...